Track: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Entrepreneurship education in an academic environment cannot be separated from the academic tasks that need to be carried out, and the activities of running a real business. Students are given the opportunity to build their business from the start and are then accompanied by a facilitator. The purpose of this research is to see the motives of business students, whether students do business as an assignment, or continue after they graduate from college. This study uses an online survey with open-ended questions to 234 business students who are currently undergoing a program at a business incubator at a private university in Bandung, Indonesia. The results of the study show that 62% of students want to continue their business after graduation, the remaining 38% want to make business in college as a learning task only. This research is useful for entrepreneurship education actors, especially at universities, to see the patterns that occur in helping student businesses develop.
Entrepreneurship education, entrepreneurial ecosystem, business incubator, students